Thieves® Cleansing Bar Soap
Get the cleansing benefits of Thieves® Cleansing Soap, plus the power of pure essential oils! Containing the legendary Thieves oil blend, this bar soap is ideal for purifying the skin and for feeling better than squeeky clean!
Is Your Soap Really Safe?
Many soaps on the market claim to be “safe,” “pure” and “natural,” when in fact, they are made with commercial bases containing harsh and toxic ingredients. Even soaps marked “handcrafted” often use commercial bases containing strong solutions of chemicals, solvents, emulsifiers, etc.
Soaps marked “natural” and “pure” aren’t necessarily so. The terms “safe,” “pure” and “natural” are technically meaningless, since there are no regulations that specify what those terms must stand for. So they are often used to mislead customers.
In addition, only soaps that make medical claims (clear acne, moisturize skin, rehydrate skin, etc…) are required to post a list of their ingredients. All other soaps get a free pass. Therefore, anything can go into them and any type of descriptive label can be used.
What Goes Into Most Soaps?
Here are some of the most popular ingredients, in alphabetical order:
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine — causes allergic reactions in some users
- FD&C dyes — Can cause various symptoms including gastric upset, diarrhea, vomiting, nettle rash (urticaria), swelling of the skin (angioedema) and migraines. Also linked to hyperactivity in young children.
- Fragrances — Perfumes and fragrances made of chemicals can cause serious allergic responses and alaphylactic shock.
- Lauric Acid — May irritate very sensitive skin.
- Propylene Glycol — A powerful solvent that is the main component in automotive antifreezes and airport de-icers. It can cause moderate skin irritation, redness of the skin and dryness. It is considered to be a skin irritant, causing dermatitis, especially in children.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate — A foaming agent known to be a cell mutagen. Can cause damage to the hair follicle, skin damage, permanent eye damage in children and even liver toxicity. Concentrations as low as 0.5% can cause irritation. Concentrations of 10-30% caused skin corrosion and severe irritation according to a report published in the Journal of The American College of Toxicology in 1983.
- Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate — a detergent, wetting agent, and emulsifier. May be harmful when inhaled, ingested, and if absorbed by the skin. Can cause eye or skin irritation.
- Sodium Myristate — a harsh emulsifier, hardener and surfactant created when lye reacts with myristic acid.
- Sodium Palmitate — A salt of Palmitic Acid that can dry skin out.
- Sodium Stearate — 98% Stearic Acid, and carries the same risks (can cause allergies).
- Sodium Tallowate — Cleans skin but clogs pores, causes blackheads, and increases the incidence of eczema for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Sorbitan Oleate — an emulsifier used in cosmetics, moisturizers and skin cleansing products. Cosidered a potential carcinogen because studies have shown cell mutation. Animal studies showed liver effects at high doses and skin irritation at moderate doses.
- Stearic Acid — A soap hardener that also gives liquid soap a pearly appearance. Often causes allergies.
- Tetrasodium EDTA and Tetrasodium Etidronate — preservative and chelating agents with no beneficial properties for your skin.
- Titanium Dioxide — whitening agent and known skin irritant.
- Triethanolamine (TEA) — Studies found that TEA causes contact allergy and contact dermatitis, causes an increased incidence of tumor growth in the liver in female B6C3F1 mice, and also has potential acute, sub-chronic and chronic toxicity properties in fish.
Antibacterial soaps have even more harsh chemicals added, such as triclosan, a known endocrine disruptor.
What Goes Into Thieves® Cleansing Bar Soap?
Contrast this with Thieves® Cleansing Bar Soap, made with natural plant oils and botanical extracts and enriched with the powerful Thieves essential oil blend. It cleanses, defends, and conditions the skin.
The proprietary process used in making Thieves® soap minimizes alkali salts, which are a major cause of dryness and irritation. The unique hypoallergenic base contains over 50% naturally occurring moisturizers. The gentle ingredients (including Aloe, Ningxia Wolfberry oil and organic coconut oil) allow it to be used often without drying or stripping the skin. No animal tallow used.
Sodium palmate, Sodium cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil, Eugenia caryophyllus† (Clove) bud oil, Sodium citrate, Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil, Cinnamomum zeylanicum† (Cinnamon) bark oil, Eucalyptus radiata† leaf oil, Rosmarinus officinalis† (Rosemary) leaf oil, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, Lycium barbarum (Wolfberry) seed oil, Avena sativa (Oat) bran.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
‡ Organically grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990
Contains corn, gluten, soy, and coconut/palm ingredients
For external use only. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of direct sunlight and away from ultraviolet radiation sources.
Thieves Bar Soap
Item No. 3679, 3.45 oz
Wholesale: $10.50 USD / Retail: $13.82 USD
(prices subject to change)
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 1-800-371-3515
Monday–Saturday: 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. US MT
Sunday: Chat Support Only 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
People who buy Thieves bar soap also like:
More beautifully handcrafted essential oil soaps – Enjoy the luxury of 100% all-natural bar soaps with therapeutic-grade essential oils. Wrapped in “green” renewable resources.
Thieves Foaming Hand Soap – a plant-based, instant-foam formula, leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed but never over-dried. Plus, you’ll love the lingering citrus-spice aroma of our proprietary Thieves® blend of Clove, Lemon Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary.
Orange Blossom Facial Wash – this gentle, soap-free facial wash cleanses the skin without stripping natural oils. It contains MSM for softening and Lavender essential oil to soothe skin.
Satin Facial Scrub™, Mint – a water-based exfoliant that contains jojoba oil, mango butter, MSM, aloe, and Peppermint essential oil to minimize the appearance of pores and invigorate dull skin.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 3679 – 3.45 oz – Thieves Cleansing Bar Soap