Thieves Essential Oil – 99.96 Percent Effective Against Airborne Bacteria
Who else wants the world's most potent antimicrobial germ-fighting substances available to them anytime in a convenient, portable bottle?
Thieves® essential oil is a blend of powerful, therapeutic-grade, antimicrobial essential oils. Tested at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, the Thieves proprietary blend was found to be 99.96 percent effective against airborne bacteria.
Anytime you want to clear the air of bacteria, reach for your spray or diffuser.
But Why Is It Called "Thieves?"
The use of essential oils and aromatics goes back far into antiquity. The name of this amazing, antimicrobial blend honors that history. Here's why…
Research into court documents shows that during the 15th-century, the dreaded plague was indiscriminately killing citizens of all rank and file in England.
During this time, a fearless band of thieves took advantage of the ill by robbing plague victims (and their graves) of all their jewelry and valuables. To the shock and chagrin of the population and the law, the thieves never fell ill with the highly contagious disease themselves.
Everyone wanted to know how these shameless thieves could repeatedly handle plague-infested bodies without contracting the fatal disease themselves. What stopped them from falling ill?
Eventually the thieves were caught and faced harsh sentences for their crimes. But the public's demand to know the secret of the thieves health defenses swayed the judge to offer them leniency in exchange for a lighter sentence. Would they reveal the secret that protected them from the plague?
They revealed that before they robbed their victims, they would apply a blend of cloves, rosemary, and other aromatic essential oils onto their bodies.
Young Living’s Thieves® essential oil blend was created based on this historical account. It includes clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and Eucalyptus radiata. Thieves has been university tested and found to be highly effective against airborne bacteria.1
Now you can have the same defense the graverobbing thieves enjoyed with Young Living’s proprietary Thieves essential oil blend and products.
The Powerful, Antimicrobial, Germ-Fighting Ingredients In Thieves:
- Clove oil (Syzygium aromaticum) – nature’s richest source of eugenol, is the highest-scoring single ingredient tested for its antioxidant capacity on the ORAC scale. Clove is also known for its immune-enhancing properties.*
- Lemon oil (Citrus limon) – With 68 percent d-limonene, lemon oil is a powerful antioxidant known for its ability to act as a natural solvent and cleanser.
- Cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum verum) – High in antioxidants, cinnamon bark has a reputation for relieving discomfort during the winter season and supporting the digestive system.*
- Eucalyptus radiata – As one of the most versatile of the eucalyptus oils, eucalyptus radiata has many health-promoting properties. This powerful essential oil contains eucalyptol as one if its major elements, which in laboratory tests has been reported as being effective against bacteria in topical applications.2
- Rosemary oil (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol) - naturally energizing and may be beneficial for helping restore mental alertness when experiencing fatigue.
With a 99.6 Percent Kill Rate Against Airborne Bacteria – Its Perfect for Diffusing
Thieves is an excellent essential oil to diffuse during the winter months. This blend was tested at Weber State University for its potent antimicrobial properties. Thieves was found to have a 99.6 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria.
This is because the essential oils in Thieves are highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious and help to protect the body agains such illnesses as flu, colds, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, sore throats, cuts and scrapes, etc.
“At the age of 39, I still battled with some skin issues. I used Thieves®, peppermint, lemon, and frankincense essential oils the most, either by inhaling from the bottle; applying topically to my wrists, feet, and back of neck; or adding a drop or two to whatever I was drinking. To my surprise, my complexion dramatically improved within a month! Young Living is amazing!” – Linda R.
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 800-371-2928 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time).
If you are a new customer, you'll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
Look at all the ways you can get antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious power of Thieves every day:
Utilizing the power and protection of Thieves essential oil blend, Young Living created an extensive line of natural personal care products and natural, non-toxic household cleaning products.
You'll love the newest additions to the Thieves line:
Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in a small, easy-carry plastic bottle you can take anywhere
Thieves Dental Floss – Get the powerful, all-natural antiseptic power of Thieves in a floss for the cleanest teeth!
How to use Thieves essential oil: For dietary, aromatic, or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as goat's or rice milk. Diffuse for short periods of time (1/2 hour or less) in the work or home environment.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Always dilute before applying to the skin or taking internally. Keep out of reach of children.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 3423 – 15 ml – Thieves Essential Oil