Thieves® Dental Floss is an all-natural dental floss infused with Thieves and peppermint essential oils.
Flossing is vital to the health of your teeth and gums. But many flosses on the market today contain toxic chemicals, teflon and artificial flavorings.
If you want to put only pure ingredients into your mouth, Thieves Dental Floss may be the right floss for you.
Consisting of nylon fibers, beeswax, soy wax, and Thieves and peppermint essential oils, this refreshing floss will leave your mouth feeling genuinely clean and your smile bright!
Food particles can become trapped between teeth where toothbrushes cannot reach. Left unattended, bacteria will begin to grow and can eventually harden into plaque. This eventually leads to gingivitis, the early stage of gum disease.
Flossing removes food trapped between the teeth and removes the film of bacteria that forms there before it has a chance to harden into plaque. This in turn reduces the likelihood of gum disease and tooth decay.
Thieves® Dental Floss can be used daily by children and adults to clean plaque and debris between teeth. With the refreshing flavors of Thieves and peppermint essentials oils, Thieves Dental Floss is an excellent choice for anyone seeking to maintain a healthy and bright smile.
Why Use Thieves® Dental Floss?
Proper oral care may prevent many systemic health concerns such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, and bacterial pneumonia, as well as oral health problems. It can prevent cavities, tartar, gingivitis (an infection of the gums caused by plaque), and more serious gum diseases such as periodontitis, which can lead to tooth loss. Pregnant women who have periodontitis may be at increased risk for delivering pre-term and/or low birth weight babies.
And because the insides of your mouth include some of the most absorbing tissues in your body, it makes sense to avoid pollutants and use only the finest, purest dental floss you can find.
How Often Should You Floss?
The American Dental Association recommends flossing twice a day; however, even flossing once a day will play an essential role in preventing periodontal disease and other health concerns.
Did You Know These Flossing Facts?
According to the American Dental Association:
- Children should have their teeth flossed as soon as two teeth touch each other.
- Tooth decay in primary (baby) teeth of children aged two to five years increased from 24 percent to 28 percent between 1988–1994 and 1999–2004.
- Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease of children aged five to seventeen years—five times more common than asthma.
- One-fourth of adults over age sixty-five have lost all of their teeth—primarily because of tooth decay.
- Advanced gum disease affects 5 percent–11 percent of adults.
Clove, Eucalyptus radiata, cinnamon, rosemary, lemon, and peppermint essential oils.
How To Floss*
- Break off about eighteen inches of floss and wind most of it around one of your middle fingers. Wind the remaining floss around the same finger of the opposite hand. This finger will take up the floss as it becomes dirty. Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and forefingers.
- Guide the floss between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion. Never snap the floss into the gums.
- When the floss reaches the gum line, curve it into a C shape against one tooth. Gently slide it into the space between the gum and the tooth.
- Hold the floss tightly against the tooth. Gently rub the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum with up and down motions.
- Repeat this method on the rest of your teeth.
*Recommendations are provided by the American Dental Association
You can get Thieves Dental Floss as a Single Item No. 4463
…Or as a 3-pack Item No. 4464
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 800-371-2928 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time). If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
Try Thieves toothpaste, too: Thieves Dentarome, Dentarome Plus, Dentarome Ultra, and Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash. To see all the Thieves Oral Care products, Click Here
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.