Keeping a clean house doesn’t mean soaking it in toxic chemicals. There IS a better way.
Many essential oils are highly effective for cleaning – and they add fresh, invigorating scents to your home. They can also transform work and classroom spaces. Here are a few ideas:
- Spritz Citrus Fresh throughout rooms and closets and over linens.
- Rub pine or lemon oil over your wooden table or railings.
- Clean your house with the Thieves household cleaning products.
- Diffuse Purification in your living spaces
…and you’ll experience the difference these products make!
Today, using natural cleaners to clean your home and environment makes a lot of sense. Not only are natural cleaners green and eco-friendly, but they don’t load your body with toxic chemicals, artificial fragrances, and surfactants and more.
In the search for natural cleaners, essential oils stand out as some of the most effective and powerful natural cleaners available. Pine and lemon oils, for instance, have been used for years in a variety of cleaning products. The problem is, years ago chemical versions were substituted for the original natural pine and lemon oils, creating an artificial, toxic cleaner.
It’s time to go back to the original. Nothing can substitute for pure, therapeutic-grade pine oil or lemon oil… or any of the other oils mentioned below. Therapeutic-grade oils are safe, health-giving, biodegradable and eco-friendly, and beneficial overall.
“Before I vacuum, I take out the HEPA filter and put on a few drops of Thieves®—or whichever essential oil I’m in the mood for at that particular moment—and pop the filter back in. The air flowing through the filter disperses the wonderful aroma throughout the room.” – Kelly P.
Here are some ideas of essential oils you can use for healthy, natural cleaning:
Natural Household cleaners:
- Fill a spray bottle with water and a squirt of dishwashing soap.
- Add 3–5 drops each of lavender, lemon, and pine essential oils.
- Shake well.
- Add 1/4 cup white vinegar to a bucket of water.
- Add 5–10 drops lemon, pine, spruce, melaleuca, or Purification essential oil.
Fighting dust mites:
- Recent research has shown that eucalyptus essential oil kills dust mites that live in bedding.
- Add 25 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to each load of laundry for an effective dust mite deterrent.
Hot tubs and saunas:
- Use 3 drops per person of lavender, cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, thyme, lemon, or grapefruit to disinfect and freshen the water.
- For saunas, add several drops rosemary, thyme, pine, or lavender to a spray bottle with water and spray surfaces. This water can also be used to splash onto hot sauna stones.
Kitchens and bathrooms:
- Mix into 1 quart water: 2 drops rosemary, 4 drops lemon, 3 drops eucalyptus, and 4 drops lavender.
- Shake well and put into a spray bottle. Shake again before using.
- Mix in 1 quart spray bottle: 1 cup White Vinegar, 10-15 drops of Lemon Essential Oil, water.
- Mix vinegar and water in spray bottle.
- Add essential oil.
- Shake and use.
- Use a drop or two of lemon essential oil on stains.
- Let stand and rub off with a clean cloth or throw into laundry cycle.
In the Dryer:
- Instead of using toxic and irritating softening sheets in the dryer, toss in a dampened washcloth with 10 drops of lavender, lemon, melaleuca, bergamot, or other oils added.
- While the oils will not reduce static cling, they will impart a lovely fragrance to the clothes.
Thieves® Household Cleaning Products:
With naturally derived ingredients, Thieves® Dish Soap effectively cleans your dishes without chemicals, dyes, or synthetics. Young Living pure essential oils — Thieves, Jade Lemon, and Bergamot — work with other plant-based ingredients to leave your dishes sparkling clean. All … Continue reading →
With a plant-based formula, Thieves Laundry Soap gently and naturally washes your clothes, cleaning them without any chemical or synthetic residue. Natural enzymes and powerful essential oils add to the formula’s strength to leave your clothes fresh and clean with … Continue reading →
Young Living’s Fruit & Veggie Spray safely and effectively washes produce with the cleansing power of three exclusive essential oil blends—DiGize, Thieves, and Purification. When combined with the other naturally derived ingredients, produce is easily and conveniently cleaned. When combined … Continue reading →
Young Living’s Fruit & Veggie Spray safely and effectively washes produce with the cleansing power of Thieves essential oil blend and Lime essential oil. When combined with the other naturally-derived ingredients, you can efficiently clean produce no matter where you … Continue reading →
Green and Natural Cleaning At It’s Best! Never use harsh, toxic chemicals to clean your house again! If you’re looking for natural cleaning products that are non toxic and environmentally friendly, you’ll love Thieves® Household Cleaner: Thieves Non Toxic Cleaner … Continue reading →
Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier is an all-natural, germ-fighting hand purifier designed to cleanse and refresh the hands. Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier promotes good hygiene without the use of water or toxic ingredients. Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier can be used by … Continue reading →
Previous page: Natural Cleaning With Green Cleaners Keeping a clean house doesn’t mean soaking it in toxic chemicals. There IS a better way. Many essential oils are highly effective for cleaning – and they add fresh, invigorating scents to your … Continue reading →
Thieves® Cleaning Products Don’t reach for chemical and toxic cleaners and sprays to clean your body or your home! If you’re looking for all-natural, non-toxic, bio-degradable household cleaning products that fortify your home against airborne bacteria and germs and enhance … Continue reading →
Essential Oils That Help With Cleaning:
Citrus Fresh™ is a relaxing, calming blend loved by children and adults alike. Rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene, it supports the immune system and overall health* while bringing about a sense of well-being, creativity, and feelings of joy. It … Continue reading →
Enjoy The Warm, Stimulating, Delicious Flavor And Aroma Of Cinnamon! Everyone loves the wonderful spicy scent of cinnamon! That’s exactly what you smell when you open a bottle of cinnamon essential oil. If you want a super potent, totally real … Continue reading →
Lemon essential oil has so many uses, is so refreshing and is so versatile that it has become one of my all-time favorite citrus oils. It can be used as a flavoring, as a tonic, to freshen rooms and sheets, … Continue reading →
Everybody Loves Lavender! Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils in existence. That’s probably because it is one of the most versatile of all essential oils. Lavender’s fresh, sweet, divinely floral, herbaceous aroma is another reason … Continue reading →
Pine (Pinus sylvestris) has a refreshing, invigorating, fresh-forest aroma. First investigated by Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine, for its benefits to the respiratory system, pine is soothing for stressed muscles and joints when used in massage. It shares many … Continue reading →
Purify and Cleanse Your World with Purification Purification essential oil is a delightfully fresh-scented antiseptic blend formulated for diffusing to help purify the home and work environment. It does a wonderful job of cleansing the air and neutralizing mildew, cigarette … Continue reading →
Who else wants the world’s most potent antimicrobial germ-fighting substances available to them anytime in a convenient, portable bottle? Thieves® essential oil is a blend of powerful, therapeutic-grade, antimicrobial essential oils. Tested at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, the … Continue reading →
Which to choose?
It’s best to choose according to the task and fragrance. If you need to clean wood furniture and like a clean, lemony smelling kitchen, try lemon oil. For a clean, pine-scented bathroom and kitchen, choose pine oil. To neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke, stale air and disagreeable odors, diffusing or even spritzing Purification in the room works wonders. For getting everything sanitary and cinnamony, try cinnamon oil. Or get one of the Thieves® Household Cleaning Products for practically all your household cleaning needs.
Whichever oils you’d like to try, get started today with essential oils for natural cleaning.