Longevity™ softgels are a potent, proprietary blend of fat-soluble antioxidants packed into a veggiecap. This potent multivitamin, antioxidant blend contains thyme, orange, clove, and frankincense essential oils.
- Studies show that as we age, particular enzymes decrease and free radicals become more abundant.
- Toxic, polluted environments can also take their toll on the body by increasing free radical production.
- Smoke, radiation, car fumes, poor diets, polluted water, and even sunlight speed the aging process.
- Free radicals damage body cells and cause cellular malfunctions and mutations.
Programming the body to produce higher quantities of antioxidants helps combat free radical damage and slows the negative effects associated with growing older. In our fast-paced society, it is comforting to know that one convenient capsule a day will defend the body against the typical ravages of aging.*
Young Living’s Longevity is as essential as a multivitamin and should be taken daily to prevent the damaging effects of aging, diet, and the environment. Enriched with the pure essential oils thyme, orange, and frankincense, Longevity protects DHA levels, a nutrient that supports brain function and cardiovascular health, promotes healthy cell regeneration, and supports liver and immune function.*
Longevity also contains clove oil, nature’s strongest antioxidant, for ultra-antioxidant support.
Primary Benefits of Longevity:
- Thyme oil protects healthy DHA levels, a nutrient that supports brain function and cardiovascular health.*
- Clove oil is nature’s strongest antioxidant and richest source of eugenol.**
- Orange oil contains 90 percent d-limonene, which promotes healthy liver function.*
- Frankincense oil supports cell health and immune function.*
- Precision Delivery softgels release in the intestine for optimal absorption and minimal aftertaste.
**As measured by ORAC testing
What Makes Longevity Unique?
Longevity is part of Young Living’s essential oil supplement line. Many people who use essential oils are also acquainted with herbs, thus, it is easy to assume that essential oils work in the same manner as herbal formulas. This, however, is not the case. Essential oils are highly concentrated forms of fresh or dried herbs and it often takes many pounds of herbs to make a mere ounce of essential oil. Because of their concentrated potency, including their antioxidant activity, it takes only a very small amount of essential oil to achieve the desired antioxidant effects.
Who Should Use Longevity™ Softgels?
Longevity should be taken by those concerned with the negative effects of aging to prolong looking better and feeling younger. Longevity may also be taken to increase immune function and uplift the nervous system as thyme and frankincense possess constituents that provide these benefits.*
- Studies show that thyme essential oil maintains DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) levels in the brain, liver, heart, and kidneys of aging subjects. Low DHA levels are associated with a loss of focus and memory, unclear thinking, and mood alterations.Test subjects receiving a daily dose of thyme oil had higher levels of DHA than those who did not take the supplement.*
- Longevity utilizes coconut oil to ensure essential oils are more evenly dispersed in the body.Coconut oil is also highly resistant to rancidity which preserves the integrity of the oils and prolongs shelf life.
Key Ingredients Thyme, orange, clove, and frankincense essential oils
Full Ingredients: Proprietary Longevity™ Blend (Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)† leaf, Orange (Citrus sinensis) † rind, Clove (Syzygium aromaticum) † flower bud, Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) † gum/resin, Coconut (Cocus nucifera) meat oil [virgin], coconut (Cocus nucifera) meat oil [fractionated], gelatin, glycerin, aqueous coating solution (oleic acid, sodium alginate, medium-chain fatty acids, ethylcellulose, and stearic acid), and mixed tocopherols.
† 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oil.
Key Scientific Studies
- E. Basch, et al., “Thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.), thymol,” J Herb Pharmacother. 2004; 4(1):49–67.
- H. B. Myers, “Thymol therapy in actinomycosis,” JAMA. 1937; 108(22):1875.
- K. A. Youdim, S. G. Deans, “Effect of thyme oil and thymol dietary supplementation on the antioxidant status and fatty acid composition of the ageing rat brain,” Br J Nutr. 2000 Jan; 83(1):87–93.
- M. N. Gould, et al., “Limonene chemoprevention of mammary carcinoma induction following direct in situ transfer of v-Ha-ras,” Cancer Res. 1994 Jul 1; 54(13):3540–3.
- H. Raghavenra, et al., “Eugenol: the active principle from cloves inhibits 5-lipoxygenase activity and leukotriene-C4 in human PMNL cells,” 2006 Jan; 74(1):23–7.
How to use: Take 1 softgel capsule once daily with food or as needed.
Caution Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or if you have a medical condition, consult with a healthcare professional before use.
Complementary Products Longevity, NingXia Red®, Omega Blue™, and Balance Complete™ make up Young Living’s Core Essentials complete program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How are the new Longevity softgels different from the old Longevity capsules?
A New Precision Delivery softgels remain intact until they are delivered into the small intestines where their contents are released and circulated throughout the body in their full strength. Young Living has also added frankincense essential oil to our new Longevity formula for the very best antioxidant support.
Q Which product delivers better antioxidant protection – Longevity or NingXia Red?
A To be complete, the body needs a wide variety of antioxidants and each has a specific nutritive purpose. NingXia Red’s antioxidants protect the eyes, heart, and circulatory system, whereas Longevity’s antioxidants protect fatty tissues like the brain, skin, and cell membranes.*
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 800-371-2928 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time). If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 3289, 30 count – Longevity Softgels