Essential oils provide powerful, effective and natural first aid for many of life’s unexpected emergencies. Plants oils like lavender contain powerful constituents that may help relieve mild burns or cleanse small cuts. Thieves® essential oil blend has been found to be 99.96 percent effective against airborne bacteria, as well as a MRSA and black mold fighter.
Peppermint essential oil can settle stomach discomfort, and lemon essential oil has fantastic cleansing action. Its smart to have three fully stocked first aid kits: one each in the kitchen, another in the bathroom, and one in the car. In the event of an emergency, having all the items you need close at hand can make a big difference.
As you prepare your first aid kit, be sure to include items such as burn ointment and pain reliever. Here are some additional items you may want to have in addition to essential oils:
Recommended First Aid Items:
- Two pairs of latex gloves (or other sterile gloves if allergic to latex)
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding and addition clean handkerchiefs or small towel
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes
- Eye wash solution
- Prescription medication, if required (insulin, asthma inhalers)
- Prescribed medical supplies (glucose meter, etc.)
- Cell phone
- Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant
- Healthy meal replacement bars such as Wolfberry Crisp Bars (high-protein energy bar)
In addition, you may want to add a few essential oils. Here are a few suggestions…
Young Living’s Most Popular Oils for First Aid:
- Thieves® essential oil blend
- Melaleuca Alternifolia Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Inner Defense and/or Longevity Softgels
- Parafree Softgels
You’ll be well-prepared to deal with life’s unexpected emergencies armed with essential oils and a basic first aid kit.