The Travel Fan diffuser introduces convenience and portability to essential oil diffusing. Now, you can diffuse essentials oils wherever you travel, in your car, plane, train or RV. It’s a simple and easy way to diffuse therapeutic-grade oils when you are on the go.
This small, portable diffuser blows cool air through an oil pad releasing the therapeutic benefits into the air and allowing the oils to be easily absorbed.
The Travel Fan Diffuser uses a quiet but powerful mini fan and all natural high-density essential oil pads, and has output that can fill room as large as 1000 sq. feet. It can run on batteries or be plugged in.
What’s So Special About Diffusing?
Over 6,000 years ago, aromatherapy was used by the Egyptians, Romans, and the Greeks. Imhotep, an Egyptian physician, suggested that oils be used for massage, bathing and embalming the dead. Hippocrates, known as the father of modern medicine, used aromatic smoke and vapors to purge Athens of the plague. The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the smoke were so powerful, they stopped the plague.
Aromatherapy was re-discovered by the French chemist René-Maurice Gattefossé in the early 1920s. Gattefossé spent his life devoted to essential oils and their healing properties.
Today, much has been theorized regarding the effects of diffusing essential oils, which can be considered similar to the aromatic smoke used by Hippocrates. It has been hypothesized that when essential oils are diffused, they also can:
- Increase atmospheric oxygen by releasing oxygenating molecules into the air.
- Increase the body’s ability to transport oxygen into the cells
- Easily penetrate the cell membranes of the nose and enter into the bloodstream due to their lipid-soluble structure
- Once in the bloodstream, the oils can help transport oxygen and nutrients into the cells.
- It is also thought that diffusing essential oils can have a positive effect on the olfactory system (mechanism of smell) and the limbic system (center of memory, emotion and motivation).
When an essential oil is inhaled through the nose, it is dissolved within the olfactory epithelium (a tissue of layered cells in the nasal cavity) which has more than 40 million cells made of small hairs called cilia also known as olfactory receptors. These receptors receive the micro-fine oil particles carrying them to the mitral cells in the olfactory bulb.
The olfactory bulb then transmits a signal to areas of the brain such as the hippocampus, amygdale, hypothalamus or the olfactory cortex all of which are part of the limbic system. Emotions, long term memory, and behavior are functions that are managed by the limbic system.
The strong connections people have between scent and memories, emotions, and places are created through this mechanism of smell. Thus, diffusing essential oils is vital in overcoming fear or trauma and is indispensable in building new and positive memories and experiences.
With Young Living’s new Travel Fan Diffuser, it is even easier to create a sense of well-being, security, and to invigorate your home with a healthy atmosphere.
- Diffusing essential oils is a perfect way to help you relieve tension, dispel odors, and create an atmosphere of peace and harmony. product information page
- When diffused, essential oils have been reported to improve immune health and create a feeling of balance and well-being.
- Research shows that diffusion of certain oils may reduce bacteria, fungus, and mold.
- Diffusing essential oils may promote relaxation, relieve tension, clear the mind and improve concentration, alertness and mental clarity.
- European scientists have found that essential oils can work as natural chelators, bonding to metallics and chemicals ferrying them out of the body.
- Travel size convenience.
What Makes The Travel Fan Diffuser Unique?
Young Living’s Travel Fan Diffuser is capable of diffusing any essential oil. It works by blowing cool air through the essential oil pad, releasing the therapeutic benefits of the essential oil into the air. Dispersion allows the oils to be easily absorbed through the lungs. Using a quiet, powerful mini fan and all natural high-density essential oil pads, the fan diffuser is capable of filling a room as large as 1,000 square feet.
Perfect for Travellers and Commuters
With its unique shape, lightweight design, and portability, the Travel Fan Diffuser is ideal for anyone wanting to experience essentials oils while they travel.
How to use
Apply 15–20 drops of your favorite essential oil single or blend. (More drops may be needed for rooms larger than 600 square feet) Slide the essential oil pad holder, grid facing downward, back into the diffuser. Press down once on the on/off button to turn on and start diffusing. A green indicator light will turn on when the unit is functioning. To turn off, press on/off button again.
The travel fan diffuser includes 1 bottle of Lavender essential oil (5ml).
Diffuser Rating System
In the growing field of aromatherapy there are hundreds of diffusers to choose from. In the market place, choosing a diffuser that works best or that meets your needs can be overwhelming. We want to make it easy for you to select the best diffuser option. This is why Young Living has created a new diffuser rating system. Based on five criteria, we have created an at-a-glance method for helping you decide which diffuser best suits your needs. To help simplify choosing a diffuser even more, we have provided an overall rating for each diffuser based on its ability to meet each of the five criteria.
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 800-371-2928 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time). If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 4457 – Travel Fan Diffuser