Copaiba – the Powerful Essential Oil from the Rainforest
Copaiba is a powerful essential oil from South America that has traditionally been used to aid digestion and support the body’s natural response to injury or irritation.* Copaiba contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene (55 percent) of any known essential oil.
Copaiba has a warm, woody, uplifting aroma, and can be diffused, applied topically, or ingested as a dietary supplement.
Copaiba essential oil is extracted from the oleoresin of several different species of Copaifera, including multijuga, langsdorffii, and reticulata. Traditionally used in Native American recipes, today copaiba is featured in European and North American pharmacopeias. This powerful essential oil is recognized for aiding digestion and supporting the body’s natural response to injury or irritation.
Copaiba is the only essential oil extracted through tapping, similar to how rubber and maple are obtained. Once tapped, the copaiba resin is distilled to produce a clear essential oil that has a rich, uplifting, woody smell.
Only copaiba essential oil found near the Amazon rain forest basin contains the optimal natural compounds needed for a Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ essential oil. Gas Chromatograph and Mass Spectrometer testing shows copaiba contains high levels of beta caryophyllene, gamma elemene, and alpha humalene, which aids the natural processes of redness and irritation of body tissue.
Primary Benefits of Copaiba:
- Aids in comforting common digestion discomforts when taken internally.
- Helps the body regulate its natural immune responses and supports the body’s natural defenses.
- Relief from minor skin discomfort.
Copaiba boasts a rich history of providing relief from joint and stomach discomfort.* Native healers traditionally used copaiba’s topical benefits to reduce skin irritations and soothe insect bites.*
- Virtually all companies who offer copaiba or copal sell only the tree resin, not the distilled essential oil.
- Copaiba resin (what is tapped from the copaiba tree) has been used for hundreds of years as an incense in some Central and South American cultures. Copaiba oleoresin and essential oil was first recorded in European medicine journals in 1625.
- Copaiba essential oil contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene (55 percent) of any known essential oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Is copaiba found in any Young Living blends?
A Copaiba is a key ingredient in the Deep Relief™ and Breath Again™ Essential Oil Roll-Ons.
Q How did Young Living decide on the copaiba from the savanna portion of the Amazon rain forest?
A Young Living sourcing specialists have traveled the world sampling different copaiba essential oil samples. Each batch was put through state-of-the-art Gas Chromatograph and Mass Spectrometer tests. Gary Young selected species of Copaifera from South America to maximize levels of beta caryophyllene, the key active ingredient in the essential oil.
How to use: Dietary Supplement: Put 2 drops in a capsule. Take three times daily as needed.
Topical: 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed. Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour three times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use. Storage: Keep in a cool dark place.
Transport yourself to the fragrant Brazilian jungles—order copaiba today and discover the wonders of the rainforest!
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 800-371-2928 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time).
If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 3431, 15 mo – Copaiba Essential Oil