Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) has a warm, balsamic, woody aroma. It smells divine and creates a comforting, uplifting experience.
Throught out history, cedarwood has been used in herbal preparations and cosmetics. It has also been used since ancient times as a beneficial ingredient in cosmetics, particularly for oily skin.
Young Living Cedarwood essential oil is a great way to enhance your favorite beauty products. You’ll want to use it for its fresh, earthy aroma, in addition to its ability to smooth the look of skin and shine hair. You can also create a calming yet powerful environment when you diffuse this oil or add it to massage oil blends.
You can find Cedarwood in Young Living products such as Grounding™, Highest Potential™, and Brain Power™ essential oil blends and Cel-Lite Magic™ massage oil.
I think the reason I love using Young Living’s Essential Beauty Serum so much on my skin (besides the big improvement in my complexion), is its absolutely divine scent. Cedarwood is the first ingredient in this beauty serum and I can’t get enough of it’s wonderful natural aroma! There are other oils in the serum, of course, such as lavender, Myrrh and Sandalwood – and together, the combination is heavenly!
Perhaps Cedarwood’s ability to benefit the skin and underlying tissues is the reason the ancient Egyptians used it for embalming the dead, although I suspect Cedarwood’s calming, purifying spiritual effect had more to do with it.
The Tibetins, too, used Cedarwood as an incense and in traditional medicine.
Cedarwood is one of the essential oils that helps open the pineal gland, which is why it helps to purify the system, focus the mind and calm anger.
Cedarwood has a high ORAC score of approximately 1,689,996 (TE/L). (TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.)
Cedarwood Essential Oil Uses:
- Smooth skin by adding Cedarwood to your favorite lotions and skin care products.
- Place a few drops in your shampoo and conditioner for shinier-looking hair.
- Pamper yourself with an at-home scalp massage. Warm a few drops between your hands and rub into your scalp for healthy-looking hair.
- Create custom scents featuring Cedarwood on its own or as a base for your own signature scent. Try combining it with essential oils such as Tea Tree, Neroli, or Bergamot.
- Enjoy the outdoors annoyance free with Cedarwood blended with oils such as Citronella, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Myrtle, Clove, or Lemongrass.
How to Use
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
Cedrus atlantica† (Cedarwood) bark oil †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 1-800-371-3515 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time). If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 3509, 15 ml – Cedarwood Essential Oil