Australian Blue – Discovered From The People Time Forgot
From the Land Down Under comes the striking new oil blend, Australian Blue. An exotic combination of the recently discovered oil, blue cypress, with ylang ylang, cedarwood, blue tansy and white fir, Australian Blue unites ancient aboriginal wisdom with today’s scientific knowledge about essential oils.
This exotic essential oil blend has sweet, earthy undertones responsible for its calming and stabilizing effects.
The Secret Of The Aborigines
As with other cultures that live in harmony with nature, the aborigines of Australia have a long tradition of using plants and herbs for health.
For several thousand years the aboriginal tribe called the Tiwi lived in isolation on two islands, Melville and Bathurst, off the northern coast of Australia. Aboriginal folklore tells of an an old blind woman called Mudangkala, who created the Tiwi islands and all the health-giving plants and trees.
The Tiwi believe that Mudangkala specially crafted a unique tree for them, Callitris intratropica, the northern cypress pine. The Tiwi peope call this cypress tree with its blue-green foliage, Karntirrikani.
Stories passed down through the generations tell about the Tiwi’s belief that the bark and resins from Callitris intratropica could be used as a skin wash for sores and cuts, to help soothe stomach ailments and other body aches and for repelling insects. From this tree is distilled the azure-hued essential oil blue cypress.
The Tiwi People’s Powerful Secret Revealed
The rest of the world is only now discovering the rare jewel of Australian essential oils revered by the Tiwi people for millennia. In 2000, Blue cypress essential oil was named “The Essence of Sydney 2000” in honor of the summer Olympics.
Young Living is proud to present this special oil in a powerful new blend, Australian Blue, specially formulated by the company’s President and Founder, D. Gary Young.
Australian Blue Packed with Powerful Constituents
As more than half of the Australian Blue blend, blue cypress essential oil has one of the richest arrays of constituents found in nature. An abundant source of sesquiterpenes, this oil contains more than 90 separate constituents including selinenes, guaienes, guaiol, actones, eudesmols, citronellel, geraniol, guaiazulene and furanones. This remarkable new oil has been enhanced by blending in the exotic fragrance of ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), the calming and cleansing power of cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), the benefit of the blue-hued chamazulene of blue tansy (Tancetum annuum) and the antioxidant power of limonene in white fir (Abies concolor).
Gentle and Fragrant Blue Cypress
Blue cypress has a smoky, woodsy aroma and is similar to sandalwood, vetiver and some cedarwood oils like Juniperus virginiana. It is used in perfumery as a base note because it blends well with other wood notes and citrus and green scents.
This oil is gentle with no indications of skin irritation. In fact, the constituent guaiazulene found in blue cypress oil has been registered with the FDA’s Food, Drug and Cosmetics branch as a safe, natural color for two decades.
The Synergy of the Australian Blue Blend
The intention of these special tree and plant essential oils makes Australian Blue a more powerful oil than its individual components might suggest. This synergistic effect creates a powerful aromatic essence that uplifts and inspires.
Ingredients: Blue cypress (Callitris intratropica, ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) and white fir (Abies concolor).
Traditional Uses of the Oils in Australian Blue
- Blue Cypress – More than half of this blend is blue cypress distilled from the northern cypress pine, which has been considered a reliable part of the Tiwi pharmacopoeia for several millennia. Blue cypress essential oil is the only oil in the world obtained from wood that contains guaiol and guaiazulene, natural elements that give the oil its deep blue color.
- Ylang Ylang – The fragrant essential oil of ylang ylang is called “the flower of flowers” because of it’s exotic scent. It comes from the Indian Ocean island of Commores, also Indonesia and the Philippines. Calming and relaxing, it is believed to help balance male-female energies.
- Cedarwood – Cedarwood has a Biblical history of use as a cleansing agent. It is listed in Leviticus 14 and Numbers 19 as part of the leper and death defilement cleansing ceremonies. High in sesquiterpenes, cedarwood can stimulate the limbic region of the brain, which is where our emotions are centered. American Indians used cedarwood in their purification ceremonies, while in Tibet it was used as a traditional medicine and also as incense.
- Blue Tansy – The azure hue of the blue cypress oil in Australian Blue is deepened with the addition of blue tansy to this new blend. Blue tansy is known for its calming and sedating effects.
- White Fir – The final essential oil added to this new blend is white fir (Abies concolor). In addition to its grounding and stabilizing properties, white fir is high in limonene, a powerful antioxidant.
Caution: Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 1-800-371-3515 (7am-7pm Mountain Time, 6am-6pm Pacific, 9am-9pm Eastern Time). If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No. 3311 – 15 ml – Australian Blue Essential Oil