What is Aromatherapy Massage?
Simply adding essential oils to your normal massage creates an aromatherapy massage.
Why add aromatherapy to your massage?
We know that body work, therapeutic touch and massage have many positive effects on the muscle, joint, circulatory, and other body systems. But did you know that essential oils (aromatherapy)- when combined with massage – create a relaxing, luxurious experience that balances the mind, body, and spirit and can have more specific benefits.
There are many ways to add aromatherapy to your massage. In a minute, we’ll take a look at some of them, but first, let’s discuss massage therapy for a moment:
Improve Your Health and Wellness With Massage Therapy
Massage therapy — the treatment and practice of soft tissue manipulation with physical, functional, and psychological goals — involves massaging a person’s body in a way that increases overall wellness. Targeted pressure on the body is usually applied with hands and elbows and is said to have numerous health benefits.
Massage therapy dates back more than 3,000 years. Used by the Chinese, Hindus, Egyptians, Persians, and ancient Greeks, the therapeutic benefits of various types of massage have been documented for centuries.
The Science of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has been shown to have a wide array of benefits. From anxiety reduction and pain relief to improved circulation, the therapeutic effects of touch promote all aspects of wellness.
Essential oils further support the benefits of massage therapy by enabling targeted aromatic and topical relief. Certain oil collections, like Young Living’s Raindrop Technique®, combine the art of aromatherapy with the techniques of Vita Flex — rolling and releasing motions that activate the reflex points — and massage.
Topical application of these specific oils to various areas of the body brings balance and harmony while fostering a truly holistic wellness experience.
Seven Ways To Use Aromatherapy In Massage:
1. Vita-Flex Technique: A specialized form of reflexive massage that uses rolling and releasing motions to activates reflex points on the feet, hands, and various areas throughout the entire body.
2. Raindrop® Technique: A whole-body massage that combines the art of aromatherapy with the techniques of Vita Flex and massage.
3. Foot massage: There are many pressure points in the feet that correspond to other body systems. Rubbing the soles of the feet with essential oils is a great way to release tension.
4. Head massage: Rub essential oils into the base of the skull, the crown of the head, or on the temples in a circular motion.
5. Face massage: Place a few drops of essential oils onto your hands and rub them together. Lightly cup your face in your hands; the warmth of your hands and aroma of the oils will aid in relaxation.
Try the Lavender Face Lift Massage for softer, smoother, younger skin.
6. Jaw massage: Rub 1–2 drops of oil into the soft spot just below your ear lobe to release tension.
7. Torso massage: For a quick energy boost rub oils into the area above the kidneys.
Most Popular Young Living Aromatherapy Products for Massage Therapy
An Empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body. Usually applied to the feet, but can be used almost anywhere.
Excellent for relaxing tense muscles anywhere in the body.
Relaxing oil that is renowned for its skin-enhancing benefits. Wonderful massaged anywhere!
An exquisite blend that helps ward off negative energy. Can be applied to top of shoulders, along spine, on crown of head, wrists, behind ears and on the back of the neck.
|Relaxation™ Massage Oil:|
Promotes relaxation and restores vitality to body, mind, and spirit. Use like any other massage oil, anywhere you want more relaxation.
Can help stimulate romantic feelings for that special evening.
This effective formulation tones and nourishes the skin.
Soothes and warms tired or stressed bodies, especially after physical activities.
Provides relief to tired muscles, especially after physical activities. Ortho Sport® Massage Oil is a stronger version of Ortho Ease® and was designed for both professional and amateur athletes.
|V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex:|
Use V-6™ to dilute essential oils and create custom massage oils.
Naturally, you would want to use only the highest quality oils for your massage.
Offering only the purest, most potent natural properties from each plant source, Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ (YLTG) essential oils offer only the purest, most potent natural properties from each plant source. They contain the optimum level of therapeutic constituents for the most beneficial massage results.
As wonderful as a massage can be alone, adding aromatherapy to your massage can make it so much better! Let aromatherapy boost the benefits of your massage! Order Young Living aromatherapy massage oil today!