Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier
Everyone needs a waterless hand purifier sooner or later. When soap and water is not available, like when you’re on the road, caught in a contaminated environment, or just put your hands on something suspicious (or when you have a cold), you need something on hand that will keep your hands clean and promote good hygiene.
But the ingredients in most hand sanitizers are harsh… very harsh. Alcohol, for one, dries skin out and may induce apoptosis (cell death). Triclosan, another commonly used antibacterial ingredient, is an endocrine disruptor. Many other ingredients have serious negative effects.
Lets take a look at the ingredients of a popular hand sanitizer:
Ethyl Alcohol 62%
Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myrisate, Fragrance
What is the concern with each of these ingredients? Let’s start at the top:
- Ethyl Alcohol – Extremely drying and irritating to skin, and may be cytotoxic. One study concluded that “even at low concentrations, ethanol may induce apoptosis (cell death) in skin cells.”
- Isopropyl Alcohol – Equally as toxic as Ethyl Alcohol above.
- Carbomer – thickening agents that help control the viscosity and flow of cosmetic products.
- Tocopheryl Acetate – A form of synthetic vitamin E. Although it has a GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) rating, the Cosmetics Database, has concerns regarding about it cancer, contamination of hydroquinone (an FDA-restricted whitening compound), and organ system toxicity. The CIR finds that there is strong evidence that it is a human skin toxicant, and in vitro tests on mammalian cells showed positive mutation results, linking it to cancer.
- Propylene Glycol – A powerful solvent that is the main component in automotive antifreezes and airport de-icers. It can cause moderate skin irritation, redness of the skin and dryness. It is considered to be a skin irritant, causing dermatitis, especially in children.
- Isopropyl Myrisate – A solvent that dries the skin and hair, and creates cracks and fissures in the skin, which encourage bacterial growth.
- Fragrance – Artificial fragrances are made purely of chemicals. The term “fragrance” actually covers multiple hidden ingredients. Some of these chemical ingredients are Phthalates, linked to birth defects (hundreds of animal studies have shown that phthalates can damage the liver, kidneys, lungs and reproductive system, especially developing testes). Other chemicals in fragrances are carcinogenic, with no safe exposure levels. Many are known to mimic estrogen, cause cancer, and disrupt the endocrine system.
Bacteria Develops Resistance
As if all the above wasn’t bad enough, the simplistic nature of synthetic ingredients causes bacteria to develop resistance, and ultimately produce stronger “superbugs” that are completely resistant to antibiotic treatment.
That means that after a while, your antibacterial hand sanitizer won’t work anymore (nor will your neighbors, or his neighbors, nor anyone’s). But you won’t know when it stops working. The danger is, you’ll think you are protecting yourself, but you aren’t. And as more people use these these products, the bugs will continue getting stronger and stronger…
Why Risk It?
You know that hand hygiene is central to preventing spread of infectious diseases in home and everyday life settings. But why endanger your life, the environment, your ability to reproduce normally and your health in order to keep your hands clean?
Is There Another Option?
There is a better way… using the hygenic power of Thieves® essential oil and other natural ingredients in Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier. It’s also great on your hands.
The power of Thieves® is now available as a waterless hand purifier…
Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier is a dermatologist tested, all-natural, germ-fighting hand purifier designed to cleanse and refresh the hands. It promotes good hygiene without the use of water or toxic ingredients. It’s gentle enough to be used by children.
Simply toss into your purse or bag and take its purifying power with you where ever you go! Great for quick kid clean-ups on the run… or any quick clean-up.
Are One-Trick Ponies Really Enough For You?
Chemical formulations are one-trick ponies. They always contain the exact same amounts of the exact same compounds. Is it any wonder why bacteria have little trouble outsmarting them?
It doesn’t take too much time before the bacteria have figured out exactly how to bypass or build resistance to the chemical compounds. This information is passed down to the next generation, which have even stronger defenses than the last. Again, this immunity is passed down to the next generation and the next.
This process has developed an increasing number of antibiotic-resistant bacteria which are endangering lives. Each time you use an antibacterial hand sanitizer, you are actually reinforcing this pattern and creating stronger antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Why not break this cycle now?
“My husband always gets razor burns on his neck, so he tried Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier as an aftershave. Now he uses it each day after he shaves!” – Christy V.
Uses Safe Form of Denatured Alcohol
While Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier includes alcohol in the form of Denatured ethanol SD-38B. It is denatured with Peppermint Essential Oil, rather than commonly used synthetic chemicals, rendering it harmless.
- Due to the “leave-on” nature of this product, when the ethanol evaporates, Thieves essential oil blend remains on the skin to continually purify long after application.
- Contains active skin-moisturizing ingredients, including natural aloe vera and vegetable glycerin to moisturize and condition the hands.
Clove, Eucalyptus radiata, cinnamon, rosemary, lemon, and peppermint essential oils.
How To Use
Use as often as necessary. Apply a nickel-sized amount to the palm of the hand and rub until completely absorbed. Safe for children.
Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier has been featured in Donna Karan’s “Urban Zen Foundation” events, Mothering Magazine, and ABC’s “The View.” Try Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier for yourself and find out what the buzz is about!
Single bottle, Item No. 3621, 1 oz
Try one and see how portable and convenient it is to always have a way to clean your hands, no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
Three pack, Item No. 3622, 3 oz
Get three at a time, so you can have one at home, one in your purse and one at the office!
Order by Phone: Toll-free order line: 1-800-371-3515
Monday–Saturday: 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. US MT
Sunday: Chat Support Only 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you are a new customer, you’ll need this referral number when placing your order: #87339
Need a price? Click here to download the Pricelist
Flammable. Keep away from fire or open flame. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use on or near the face. If contact occurs, flush eyes liberally with clean, cool water for several minutes. If symptoms persist, contact your physician. Not for internal use.
People who buy Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier also like:
Thieves Bar Soap – made with natural plant oils and botanical extracts, enriched with the powerful Thieves essential oil blend to cleanse, defend and condition the skin.
More beautifully handcrafted essential oil soaps – Enjoy the luxury of 100% all-natural bar soaps with therapeutic-grade essential oils. Wrapped in “green” renewable resources.
Thieves Foaming Hand Soap – A powerful cleansing hand-soap… without the toxic chemicals. An eco-sensitive, completely non-toxic, natural hand-cleansing liquid soap!
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Item No: 3621 – 1 oz – Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier